Changes to your account
To make any changes to the account holder information, fill out and sign the Account Holder Change Request Form (PDF) and submit it by mail, fax or email.
If you’re moving
Choose the situation that applies to you:
- first-time resident moving to a home in Peel.
- already live in Peel and I'm moving to another home in Peel.
- moving out of Peel and want to close my account.
If you move in the middle of a billing period, we will take a meter read and send you a final bill. There are some fees associated with these account changes:
- Residents moving into a new property purchased from a builder or a rebuilt property in Peel will pay a one-time New Account Fee.
- Residents moving to a resale or rental property in Peel will pay a one-time Change of Occupancy Fee.
The Region gives property owners the option of letting their tenants pay their property’s water bills.
Be aware that property owners are ultimately responsible for overdue amounts at their properties, in accordance with the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O.2001, c.25.
Residential landlords should call 905-791-8711 to establish your property as a tenanted property. We'll add the tenant's name to your water bill account. A Change of Occupancy Fee will apply.
Once we’ve added your tenant’s name to the water bill account, we’ll give you an off-cycle bill for estimated consumption that happened before the tenant’s occupancy.
If you don’t want us to use an estimate, read the meter manually and provide the information to us. The manual meter read will replace the estimated read for purposes of calculating the off-cycle bill.
Get instructions on how to read the water meter, or call our Billing Call Centre at 905-791-8711.
Please fill in the Tenant billing information form and return it using one of the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 905-791-5112
- Mail: P.O. Box 2099 Station B Brampton, ON L6T 3X2
If you have new tenants or your tenants are leaving, call 905-791-8711.