Appeal a Decision
If you disagree with a decision that has been made regarding your application or your subsidized rent, you may be able to request an appeal. This means that you are asking us to reconsider the decision.
You may request an appeal for the following reasons:
- We have told you that you aren't eligible for housing subsidy (also known as rent-geared-to-income/RGI assistance).
- We have discontinued your existing housing subsidy support.
- We have told you that your household isn't eligible for Special Needs Housing.
- You disagree with the size of the housing that you qualify for.
- You disagree with the type of housing that has been attached to your file on the Housing Subsidy Centralized Wait List.
- You believe the amount of rent you're expected to pay is too high.
- You would like to delay your rent payment for subsidized housing.
To make this request, you must complete a Service Manager Appeal Request Form (PDF). You must submit this form within 30 calendar days of receiving the Notice or Letter of Decision that you do not agree with.
You can submit your completed form by fax to 905-453-0168
Or mail it to:
Admin Service Representative - Service Manager Appeals
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B
PO Box 2800, STN B
The Region of Peel Service Manager will conduct a review and issue a final notice of their decision by mail within 15 business days of receiving this request for appeal.