Status of Regional Infrastructure Assets
We measure progress towards long-term outcomes by tracking key indicators for the Peel community.
Region of Peel Infrastructure Assets
Why is this important?
- The Region of Peel owns, operates maintains assets that make it possible for the Region of Peel to provide high quality and affordable municipal services to the community.
- Keeping existing assets in a state of good repair and building new infrastructure are both critical to the short and long–term success of the Region of Peel.
- The Region of Peel is committed to strong stewardship of the public's assets.
How is this measured?
- The Region of Peel tracks and reports on more than $27.8 Billion of Infrastructure that supports service delivery across all programs to ensure and enable a Community for Life.
- The Region of Peel has approved an Asset Management Policy that establishes formal management controls for the responsible stewardship of this capital infrastructure.
- The Asset Management Policy is implemented through the Enterprise Asset Management Strategy and has a framework divided into four key areas:
- Levels of Service – Measures the quality or quantity of service which serves as a desired target as determined by Council
- Risk Management – Measures risks to assets and by extension to the services the assets provide
- Lifecycle Management – Defines how assets are managed throughout the asset’s life to maximize the value to the organization and the service to clients
- Corporate Reporting on Asset Management – Gives an organization wide perspective on the Region of Peel’s infrastructure needs and priorities to enable more informed strategic planning and decision making
What progress are we making?
- The Region of Peel has achieved an overall rating of "good" or "very good" for our infrastructure assets over the past four years.
- In 2018, the Region of Peel's infrastructure had a replacement value of approximately $27.8 billion.
- From 2018 to 2027, the Region of Peel plans to reinvest almost $2.2 billion to maintain or enhance the assets in order to meet performance targets that provide high quality Regional services to the community.
- For more details, please see our 2018 Infrastructure Status and Outlook Report Card.