Peel Region homepage

Find additional Ontario Works support (for existing clients)

If you are receiving Ontario Works financial help, learn about how to update your information, check your payment schedule, and access other available services.

Check this month's Ontario Works payment schedule to find out when your payments will be made.

Update your information

You must make sure that we always have the most up-to-date information about you and your circumstances, in order to maintain your Ontario Works support.

Contact us right away if there are changes to:

When you call us to update your information, we may ask you to show us documents (like a pay stub or a doctor's note). These documents will show us how your information has changed.

To update your information, contact 905-793-9200 (Mississauga or Brampton), or call toll-free at 1-800-327-5379 (Caledon)

Employment Support

We offer support and resources to help you with your career.

Other information

As an Ontario Works client, you may get help paying for dental care (including dentures), and vision care for yourself and your family.

To find out what you are eligible for, call your caseworker.

Information for providers

If you are a dental or vision care provider in Peel, the following guides and forms include information about providing your services to a Peel resident who is receiving OW or ODSP support.

Check these guides before providing service:

If you need to confirm a client’s eligibility or coverage, call Great West Life directly at 1-800-957-9777. The policy plan numbers are 51607 for mandatory vision care and 51616 for discretionary dental or vision care. For dental care for children up to age 17, visit Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) for information and fee guides.

Ontario Works can help you find a job.

Talk to your caseworker about your short-term and long-term employment goals, and what resources are available to help you with your career.

Employment support

Ontario Works offers support to single parents and their children. This support is called 'Families First.'

The services available include:

  • Recreation for children
  • Employment services and supports
  • Public Health Nurse supports

You may be eligible for Families First if:

  • You have at least one child under the age of 18,
  • You are currently receiving Ontario Works, and
  • You are the primary caregiver for your family.

Ask your caseworker about specific options available to you and your children.